High-G Racing Open Season Test N Tune & Lapping Day
Time & Location
About the Event
It's time to get ready for your 2021 season! Limited tickets only!
Open season full day lapping and test & tune!
Bring out your winter project, shakedown your new build!
Ultimate seat time and lapping time are guaranteed!
Please note that we don't offer instructors at this event, minimum track driving experience is required.
Don't know what group you should join? Here is a quick guideline:
- Advanced Group: at least have10 track driving event or any other advanced track related event experience. For example, time attack racing, w2w racing, licensed racer, instructor of HPDE etc. Advanced driver should know how to handle the pace, how to drive within fast pace traffic.
- Intermediate Group: driver should have at least 5 track driving event or other track related event experience. Intermediate group drivers should well know all track driving knowledge that's required in novice group and properly use it. Intermediate drivers should feel comfortable and know how to drive in faster pace than novice group.
- Novice Group: is for beginner who don't have track driving experience. Hiring or asking for an instructor is highly recommended for first timer. (*Some event like test and tune day or lapping day do not offer instructor, please check before register.) Novice drivers should have basic track driving knowledge such as how to safely drive on the track, how to safely enter and exit track, how to use racing line (inside - outside), how to give "point by" signal to pass, know all the meaning of flags, understand what to do in emergency situations.
Event Place: Grattan Raceway
Gate Open: 8:00 am
Mandatory Driver's meeting: 8:30 - 9:00 am
Warm-up Session 1: 9:00 - 9:30 am
Session 2: 9:30 - 10:00 am
We encourage that drivers from HGR and Advanced Group provide instruction to novice drivers during warm-up session.
- “Advanced Group” (Red Band) On track for 20 minute sessions @: 10:00am, 11:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm
- “Intermediate Group” (Yellow Bands) On track for 20 minute sessions @: 10:20am, 11:20pm, 1:20pm, 2:20pm, 3:20pm, 4:20 pm
- “Novice Group” (Green Bands) On track for 20 minute sessions @: 10:40am, 11:40pm, 1:40pm, 2:40pm, 3:40pm, 4:40pm
- Lunch and Break: Noon to 1:00pm.
** Schedule subject to change based on number of registered drivers. *
Q: What are the requirements for participating in the events?
A: Drivers must be 18 years of age or older. Younger drivers are allowed with a parent present and the proper waivers signed. All drivers must have closed toe shoes and a helmet. Helmets are available for rent at the track on a first come, first served basis and only a limited number is available.
Q: What can I expect as a Novice driver?
A: All novice drivers must attend mandatory driver's meeting before hitting the track. Novice group will start with controlled pace lap. One-on-one in-car instructors will be available upon request. We recommend all drivers study the rules page before any track driving event.
Q: Are convertibles allowed?
A: Convertibles are allowed provided they have factory or aftermarket installed roll protection. If no roll protection is present, the top must be up in order to participate.
Q: What cars are welcomed at the events?
A: Any safe, well maintained car is acceptable. SUVs and trucks are welcomed upon pre-notice (please contact our staff in advance before any registration). Open wheels are not allowed at this time.
Q: What happens if the weather gets bad?
A: We run wet or dry. However, the track usability solely depends on the track staff. If the track is closed due to weather before the event, then it will be rescheduled upon the track’s availability in the future. In fact, a damp track is good for drivers to learn how to control the car and improve the driving skill.
Q: What if I can't make it on the day that I registered? Do you offer refunds?
A: We will offer refund if you request and explain 30 days prior to the event date, 60% refund between 15days - 30days before the event date. No refund after that, but we can credit your ticket to our next available event if you can't make it, but there will be a 20% processing fee.